Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Rhymed Confusion.....



It was kind of a marriage season this autumn.Every one was getting married,last month my close friend Amith got married, this month its Ravi who's getting engaged.And my family
too is busy finding the right match for me.Its quite difficult finding appropriate reasons every time to convince mom that the particular girl is not the One.I'm still trying to figure out how i'll present Kiran in front of her as the love of my life.My family being a bit conservative it will be a hard time to convince them for her, but have to do that after all she's the love of my life.

As a continuation of the girl finding operation, this week i'll be meeting a girl called Rashmi. Good thing about Rashmi is that i already know her through a common friend, Hiran and the bad thing is i'm short of good reasons to put her down in front of mom given the fact that she is damn pretty and mom knows her family too.I reached the Coffee shop where i was supposed to meet her and waited.Within another 5 minutes she arrived.She said 'Hi.., so you reached on time.I got a bit late'.Greeting her with a smile i said 'Hello..don't worry i just arrived'.We sat down "And by the way Hiran dropped me here.He was in a bit of hurry so didn't came in.Asked me to say Hi to you." said she."OK..anywaz what would you like to have tea or coffee" i asked."Coffee" she said.I ordered two coffee.

I had already made up my mind that i'll tell Rashmi every thing about me and Kiran and convince her to reject me.At that moment all i could think about was me and Kiran.Coffee arrives......"So how do you know HIRAN." she asked me.I felt as if she already read my mind, after taking a sip of coffee i looked at her and smiled."So he already told you about it right.I was worried how i'm going to present this in front of you.Any ways we both meet at a cultural fest an year ago.We both acted in play that year as Romeo and Juliet" hearing this Rashmi looked as if some one gave her an electric shock."What roles did you people play" she asked surprisingly."Offcourse Romeo and Juliet, actually modern day Romeo and Juliet and the best part was when we both kissed at the end of play." said i savoring those moments. Rashmi put down the coffee mug on the table and looked at me and said "I need to make an urgent call, i'll be back in a minute". She went outside the cafe and came back in 10 minute time.She looked at me and said"Listen Chris i can't marry you".Feeling as if she took words out of my mouth i replied "Arrey...i also can't Rashmi, i came here just to tell you that ever since the Romeo and Juliet play we both are in deep love with each other so i needed you to reject me if in case my mom asks."
"Sure i'll take care of that, i think i should leave" she picks her bag."Hey atleast finish your coffee" said i."No i don't feel like now" she smiles and leaves

The worst was yet to come.On way back home she calls her sister, tells her what ever happened in the cafe and her sister tells every one in her family.In the evening my mom calls her mom.On taking the call her mom sympathizes my mom that she should be strong enough to hear whatever she was about to say."Your son is Gay, he likes Men and has also a boy friend with whom he's in love since last year.Whole college knows about it and they have even kissed each other on the cultural fest in public.His name is HIRAN".hearing this mom faints.

In the evening when i reached home i was stunned to see Kiran, Hiran and Rashmi at my house.I looked at Kiran "How come you are here".Hiran got hold of me and explained everything to me in utter detail.Along came my dad and asked what the matter was to which i replied "Mom fainted due to a shock"."What shock" he enquired, to which Hiran replied pointing towards Rashmi .."She said Hiran.He mistook it to be Kiran.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

No comments: